It's that easy to explain weight information and measurement procedures to children. The beam balance is the perfect tool for this. Just like in the real market, objects (fruit, geometric shapes, pearls, etc.) can be weighed and compared here. The robust balance is made of wood and can be adjusted using an adjusting screw in the balance beam. There are 10 weights included to get started right away. The weights are optically divided into 10-gram units. The large beam scale is manufactured in a workshop for people with disabilities.
Use, advantages, areas of application for this Montessori material:
- Comparison of objects of the same/different weights
- Acquisition of weight units and measurement processes
- Explain the principle of equations
- Understand the weighing mechanism of a beam scale
- including 10 metal weights to get started right away
- easy to calibrate by adjusting screw
- Develop a feeling for weights
- proven learning material for children from 4 years
- easy use with everyday objects
- with shelf for the supplied weights
Scope of the Montessori material:
1 wooden balance, approx. 40 x 31 x 12 cm
2 metal weighing pans, each approx. 12 x 6 cm
2 metal weights 10 gr.
2 metal weights 20 gr.
2 metal weights 30 gr.
2 metal weights 40 gr.
2 metal weights 50 gr.
Warning notices: Caution! Warning! Danger of suffocation from small parts (weights) that can be swallowed. Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.